Colwyn Bay Athletic Club is fully committed to the safeguarding and promoting of the well-being of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, volunteers, and parents associated with the club should at all times respect and understand the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect to the Club Welfare Officers.
Colwyn Bay Athletic Club fully recognises its responsibilities to the safeguarding of all children and adults who attend the club. All our coaches and club officials are subject to Disclosure and Barring (DBS) Checks.
The club has a zero-tolerance approach towards any inappropriate behaviour or concerns which may arise, and all matters will be reported to the relevant bodies inline with our club policies.
Social media policy
Colwyn Bay Athletic Club has the following social media pages:
We do ask that all parents and athletes that are old enough, to join our Facebook group because that is the easiest and quickest way to get information out to everybody at short notice, but we do have a few rules which are to be followed.
- When you ask to join the group there is a question to be answered, if the question is not answered the request will be declined
- We encourage people to get involved and share pictures or videos from events or competitions where an athlete has taken part
- No Foul or abusive language to be used in comments or postings, this will lead to the post being removed
- No spamming the page with things which are not relevant to the sport of athletics
- No political posts
- Do not air grievances about other club members, the club, or other posts on the group
- If these rules are repeatedly broken, the member will be asked not to post or comment things which go against our policies. If the member ignores the request, they will be removed from the group
Please follow us on Instagram and if you take pictures or videos from events and competitions, please tag the club in the post, and use the Hashtag - #CBACnation.
With social media please be respectful to all members on your own personal social media and the club’s social media pages. The club has a zero-tolerance approach to misuse of social media, so if any athlete has any concerns, please contact our Welfare Officers, or speak to one of the coaches or Volunteers on a training night. All matters will be dealt with the upmost confidentiality.
Our Welfare Officers