Why join our club?
We are an athletic club that covers a wide range of different athletic events including Track & Field, Cross Country, and Road Races. We welcome members from School Year 3 all the way up to senior athletes with differing abilities and we are keen that all members enjoy the experience of athletics, no matter which aspect of athletics or running you pursue. We have a dedicated team of coaches who can help you learn the basics of athletics for the complete beginners to helping more experienced athletes improve and to push for the chance to win competitions. As a club we offer a trial that covers two training sessions before you need to commit to the club as we know athletics is not for everyone.
After the trial sessions and you or your child are ready to become members of Colwyn Bay Athletic Club all you need to do is click on the following link which will take you through to our membership partners Nifty Entries.
The price of membership for each year will be set at the Club AGM and will cover the period of 1st April until the 31st of March and will include the following:
- Welsh Athletics registration
- Athlete Insurance
- Coaching by qualified UKA registered coaches
- Free/subsidised transportation (If organised by club) for athletes to various leagues and open meetings
- Subsidised Club Presentation evening
- The opportunity to compete for the club in Track and Field, Cross Country and Road Race and be eligible to compete for Wales
- Help to buy new equipment
If you need any more information in regard to membership, please email the club - email@example.com
For each session on a Monday and Wednesday we have to hire the track from the Leisure Centre so to cover these costs we require a standing order to be set up of either £12 a month for one session per week or £20 a month for two sessions a week.
If you only attend one session a week and want to attend additional sessions the cost of each session will be £4.
The training sessions are as follows:
- Monday and Wednesday 6pm - 7pm for Beginners and Development Group
- Monday and Wednesday 7pm - 8.30pm for Specialised Sprint and Middle-Distance Training
- Monday 6.30pm for Senior Athletes
Colwyn Bay Athletic Club hold training sessions all year round, the only time we do not hold training sessions are Bank Holidays or in very extreme weather conditions.
Additionally, coaches may organise extra sessions throughout the year and if there is a cost to hire a facility the price will be agreed between the coach and athlete.